Whiskey Lullaby

Random Quotes

My Slide Show

Quote Of The Day

Hanging On


One of the most signifigant pictures I have, though didn't know it at the time.

My Heros Slide Show

This is to remind everyone to be thankful for the lives they have; the comfort and freedom they enjoy in our country. To remember those who chose a higher calling; to serve a greater purpose. If the Lord had dealt you a different hand in life, you could have very well been on this roster. Believe that for every American that does not join; does not serve; someone else takes their place. That someone could be a total stranger, or a neighbor, or a loved one. But know this...that it was someones brother, sister, son or daughter; someones mother or their father, a wife, a husband. Remember it could have been you the next time you feel sorry for yourself; and be thankful. Know there are scars on the inside that do not show, and are just as disabling as the wounds of the flesh. Never pass by the chance to thank those who gave in your place, and realize the pain they carry on the inside may be unknown to you. Never forget those who suffered so you did not have too, and that they leave their memories here at home in the hearts of those who knew them and loved them, and that they are not simply faces and names on a list. they are you, and I.

"From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remembered- We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition; And gentlemen in England now-a-bed Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."
William Shakespeare, St. Crispen's Day Speech HENRY V C. 1599

The Fallen Of The 4th Battalion 31st Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 10th Mountain Division....My Brothers. When life seems to stressful, you feel lost inside, and are caught up with the troubles of life in America, stop, breath....and remember those who no longer feel the struggles that are a part of everyday life, and their families and the fellow brothers and sisters in uniform, and say a prayer of hope. "Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed, because the Lord holds his hand." PSALM 37:24 ..

Friday, May 15, 2009

Thoughts on Love

“Somewhere, someone dreams of your smile and finds your presence in life so worthwhile. So when you are lonely, remember it’s true that someone, somewhere, is thinking of you.”

“Always be happy, always wear a smile, not because life is full of reasons to smile but because your smile itself is a reason for many others to smile.”

“I love you, those three words have my life in them.”

“I’d like to run awayFrom you,But if you didn’t comeAnd find me…I would die.”

“ I have been astonished that men could die martyrs
For their religion-I have shuddered at it.
I shudder no more.
I could be martyred for my religion.
Love is my religionAnd I could die for that-
I could die for you.”

“What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

“Other men said they have seen angels,But I have seen thee;And thou art enough.”

“Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like nobody’s watching.”

“At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.”

“A friend is a treasure
More precious than gold,
For love shared is priceless
And never grows old.”

“Looking back, I have this to regret; that too often when I loved, I did not say so.”

“It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.”

“Love is like playing the piano, first you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.”

“You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love, the running across fields into your lovers arms can only come later when you're sure they wont laugh if you trip.”

“There are never enough “I love you’s.”

“Love needs to display all its entire splendor, like a peacock, before it can be appreciated.”

“Many waters are not able to quench love, nor can the rivers flood it away.”

“And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”

“Love doesn’t make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”

“Let not the hours pass by in the dark. Kindle the lamp of love with thy life.”

“You can fall from the sky,
You can fall from a tree,
But the best way to fall,
Is in love with me.”

“As days go by, my feelings get stronger
To be in your arms, I can’t wait any longer,
Look into my eyes and you’ll see it’s true
Day and night, my thoughts are of you.”

“My biggest reward is to see you smile, know you are happy, and feel you are loved. I know life is sometimes cruel, but that’s why I am here, to show you that life can be good when somebody cares.”

“What is love? Those who don’t like it call it responsibility. Those who play with it call it a game. Those who don’t have it call it a dream. Those who understand it call it destiny. And me, I call it you.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment